This appointment includes the necessary steps to begin treatment:
- The financial responsibility form must be received with your preferred schedule 3 days prior to the beginning appointment.
The Evaluation - This is where we gather all of the information necessary to begin treatment. In fact, about 10% of the intake is to confirm the diagnosis and the other 90% is spent determining the type and manner of care to be provided. Additional testing for secondary learning disorders may be recommended based on screening of learning disorder symptoms in the ADD evaluation. The intake assessment is approximately 2 1/2- 3 hours and includes:
- Extensive Diagnostic Clinical Review
- Test of Variables of Attention (visual and/or auditory)
- ADHD Clinic Parent Information
- Parental Stress Assessment
- Connors Rating Scales (parent and teacher)
- Child Behavior Checklist (parent and teacher)
- DSM IV Diagnostic Criteria (parent and teacher)
- Learning Disabilities Questionnaire (parent and teacher)
- Acters Scale (parent and teacher)
- You will receive your first treatment.
- You will receive your beginning program schedule based on you preferences and our availability.
- Finally, at or before your Beginning Appointment, you will need to make and clear the financial arrangements for the Evaluation and you will also need to pay for the per-paid appointment schedule of your choice.
(We request that you contact our Financial Coordinator to make your payment arrangements prior to your Beginning Appointment).